Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Things I wish had been brought to my attention YESTERDAY

So I happened to catch some of Nightline tonight. I have not watched it in forever, and was surprised it was even still on the air. I thought the last time Nightline was relevant was when Reagan was in office. But their story on an up and coming website got my attention. Some Google veterans have a new site called Howcast. Sort of like a Wikipedia of how to do anything, in video form. Anyone can upload a video they have created, for consideration, to become part of the site. And there is EVERYTHING you can imagine on it. Much to my chagrin, 3 weeks after painstakingly creating a diaper cake from trial and error, lo and behold there is a video on the front page on diaper cakes. How to handle it if your parents buy you dorky clothes. How to pick out jewelry for a woman. How to make a citizen's arrest. How to turn your backyard into a beer garden. Of course, there are many practical and useful tutorials on this website. But why watch those when you can watch How to build a Starship Enterprise out of a floppy disk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barney Fife taught me everything I know about "citizen's arrest"!